Thursday, April 23, 2009

Anna's birthday

Anna had 2 party's this year.  One on Saturday for our families and one on Tuesday (her actual b-day) with friends.  I don't think I'll do the 2 parties again, to much hassle it's easier to just have one big party.  Her theme this year was animals, the plates and such had a lion, giraffe, zebra and monkey.  Anna's favorite is a monkey so I made her a monkey cake.  Luckily the monkey is purple which is her favorite color too.  The cake turned out pretty good and I only needed a little help from my mom!


Anna loved her oh-oh-ah-ah and even was able to plow out the candles herself! 


She had a lot of fun playing with the family and was sad to see them leave.  She loved every present she got though.  Even the clothes and towel!  She played with them all on Sunday.

Then came Tuesday.  Eric and I had given her her roller coaster on Saturday and she enjoyed it but Tuesday we gave her a new "wee slide"....She was in heaven.   It is meant to be a wading pool at the bottom but she is perfectly happy with it without water.

She has played with it almost non-stop since Tuesday morning.

Once I started decorating she knew she was having another party.  She sat at the table saying 0h-oh-ah-ah then blowing.  I felt bad I hadn't made her another monkey cake.  Just cupcakes this time but she wasn't disappointed.  Once everyone got here we made finger puppets.

Then before everyone left they posed in there cool sunglasses.
Anna then, in true Anna style, slept most of the rest of her birthday away.  We had to wake her up at 4:30.  As you can see she was still tired.

All in all it was a good few days though.  Anna really enjoyed it all.  Can't wait for next year!

5 comments:

  1. I am sure Anna wasn't sad to celebrate her birthday twice! Jenna had a blast at the party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the monkey cake!! I can't believe she's two already. It's going too fast

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adrianna had a great time at the party...to bad we left before the sunglass pic...too cute :)..I know she loved her sunglasses as well. The monkey cake looks great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We really wish we could have been there! It looked like a blast! Happy Birthday Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had a great birthday party Anna. Sorry we couldn't join you!

    ReplyDelete