Friday, February 20, 2009

WOOHOO!

She finally did it.  Anna has ben interested in using the potty for a long time, I'd say at least 5 months.  I got her a potty chair and she will sit on it for hours, no joke over an hour at a time, but she never would actually go.  So tonight when she said "poop, Anna, poop" and headed for the bathroom I didn't think much of it but took her in anyway.  She sat there and pushed out some toots.  It's classic she grunts to show she's pushing.  Then she got down and played, got back up and pushed, down and played, you get the picture.  Then while just sitting on the potty talking to mummy and daddy out came a poop!!!!  We were all so excited.  She looked at it, let daddy wipe her, and then said "bye-bye poop" and flushed it down.  Then she wanted to sit more play more...next thing you know I here some tinkles in the potty, she peed too!!!!  

I am so proud of her. 

I recently switched her to cloth diapers and I think that has really helped.  Not only can she tell when she wets but she likes to watch us wash out the poops into the potty and flush them away.  I think that has helped her to understand that's what the potty is for.  

Now we'll see how long till she does it again ;-)

2 comments: